About USAA Auto Insurance Company
USAA insurance company provides a complete range of insurance services to active duty or retired military communities as well as their family members. The company is popular for its high rates and good coverage options around the country. On the other hand, the high customer satisfaction ratings along with strong financial ratings make the company a top choice. The internet is blowing with positive USAA car insurance claims reviews about their customer service department. The company has a dedicated department to deal with all the concerns and queries of the customers.
Best customer satisfaction score as compared to all the other insurance companies.
Different military resources add-ons. Available all around the country.
A wide variety of car insurance coverage as well as policies available for every type of driver.
Good for first-time drivers. Affordable rates on all the insurance policies.
Limited eligibility as the company provides policies to military members and their families.
Not recommended for drivers that have leased vehicles.
Membership is required even for the eligible drivers.
USAA Insurance Reviews and Ratings
- J.D. Power: 909
- NAIC: 1.90
- A.M.Best: A++
- BBB: B+
- S&P: AA+
- Moody’s: AAA
The NAIC rating of any company shows the data of consumer complaints that are filed against the company. In the case of USAA, the NAIC rating is not that high which is a good sign and the most important part is the company is BBB accredited with a good S&P, Moody’s, A.M.Best ratings. This shows the financial strength of the company, hence the consumers do not have to worry about claims issues.
USAA Auto Insurance Quotes For Different Driver Profiles
|Drivers Age / Ticket Profile||For Good Drivers||With At-fault Ticket||With DUI Ticket||With Speeding Ticket|
|16-20 Year Old||$104 / Month||$139 / Month||$174 / Month||$123 / Month|
|21-24 Year Old||$62 / Month||$77 / Month||$102 / Month||$72 / Month|
|25-34 Year Old||$58 / Month||$75 / Month||$98 / Month||$69 / Month|
|35-44 Year Old||$55 / Month||$71 / Month||$93 / Month||$66 / Month|
|45-54 Year Old||$51 / Month||$65 / Month||$86 / Month||$61 / Month|
|55-65 Year Old||$48 / Month||$63 / Month||$81 / Month||$57 / Month|
|65+ Year Old||$46 / Month||$59 / Month||$78 / Month||$56 / Month|
USAA Auto Insurance Discounts
- Stacked discount for combining different policies and limits.
- Good student discount for drivers with good grades.
- Clean driving record discount for drivers with no tickets or at-fault accidents on their record.
- Storing or keeping your car in military-installed garages.
- Discount if you don’t drive your vehicle much.
- Discount for buying insurance all your vehicles for USAA.
- Discount for bundling different policies like home insurance.
- Discount for new vehicles.
- Discount for installing anti-theft devices.
- Discount for completing defensive driving, safe driving, and USAA safe pilot courses.
- A loyal member of USAA discount.
USAA Auto Insurance Policies
USAA provides different car insurance policies to different drivers around the nation. Below are some top coverages provided by the company:
|State / Coverage||Minimal Liability||Basic Premium||Full Premium|
|Georgia||$61 / Month||$120 / Month||$163 / Month|
|Michigan||$54 / Month||$106 / Month||$142 / Month|
|Florida||$51 / Month||$104 / Month||$147 / Month|
|South Carolina||$49 / Month||$101 / Month||$153 / Month|
|Texas||$69 / Month||$116 / Month||$162 / Month|
|Alabama||$39 / Month||$100 / Month||$142 / Month|
USAA provides a wide range of car insurance coverages, yet the number is less compared to some leading auto insurance companies like Travelers and State Farm. Still, with the help of Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Car Replacement Assistance (CRA) policies make them stand out in the competition.
USAA Insurance Complaints and Customer Satisfaction
Customer Claims Satisfaction
- The customer satisfaction rate of the United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is higher than most insurance companies. As per the recent study by J.D.Power; USAA is the highest-rated choice for auto insurance in every region of our country. As a result; it beats all of its top competitors like Allstate, Progressive, and even GEICO.
- The J.D.Power score of the company is 909 out of 1000; which is higher than almost all the car insurance companies in the USA. This shows that the customers are giving positive reviews about the company.
- The most important factor to check the reliability of any car insurance company is the number of consumer complaints against that company. And like any other leader in the world; USAA also gets some negative feedback and complaints. The number of consumer complaints is not that high in this case. As a result; the NAIC score is not much high of the company.
- The national association of insurance commissioners (NAIC) stores the entire data of consumer complaints filed against any car insurance company in our country. The national median rate provided by NAIC is 1. USAA has a score of 1.90 which is higher than the average but not that high.
Other USAA Insurance Product Options
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- RV Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
USAA Auto Insurance FAQs
How to file USAA insurance claims?
The company has its own website as well as a mobile app which you can use to file a claim. You will have to upload pictures and explain what happened. The company will arrange an inspection and then will review your policy and coverage. After the inspection and review of your policy the company will check your claim and will process it accordingly.
How does USAA make a payment for the insurance claim?
The process of releasing the payment after an insurance claim depends on a lot of factors like the type of accident, type of damage, and type of vehicles involved. As per the company; the process of releasing the payment takes around 7 to 10 days in the company.
What are USAA car insurance reviews as per BBB?
If you are searching for “USAA car insurance reviews BBB” then you are also worried about the reviews of the company. The average rating of the company as per the Better Business Bureau website is 1.23/5 based on the 727 reviews.
How much is the average USAA car insurance quote?
The average car insurance quote for USAA company is $841 per year which is almost 35% lower than the national average car insurance rates.
What is the USAA address?
The home office building of USAA is situated at The McDermott Building; 9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, Texas USA.
What is the USAA insurance claims phone number and fax number?
The two main numbers of USAA are 210-531-USAA (8722) and 800-531-USAA (8722). The fax number of the company is 800-531-8669.
Editorial Guidelines: The above content is meant as general information to help you understand the different aspects of auto insurance. This information does not refer to any specific auto insurance policy. Coverages and other features vary between insurers, vary by state, and are not available in all states. References to costs of coverages/repair, average or typical premiums, amounts of losses, deductibles, etc., are indicative and may not apply to your situation. We encourage you to speak to our insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.