About Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance
Liberty Mutual is a more than 100 years old insurance company with solutions for every driver. This company is fifth-largest property and casualty insurance carrier in the U.S. based on its 2020 direct premiums written of $36.2 billion, according to the Insurance Information Institute. Drivers can use online tools and data to check the different types of policies and discounts available for their profiles.
Huge data of different types of coverage options for every driver.
Drivers can combine different types of discounts that are applicable to their profiles.
Multiple customization options are available.
Good for drivers who need SR-22 insurance to drive.
A digital tool that allows drivers to get quotations instantly.
Customer service department is not supportive.
Company is not available in all the states or cities of the country.
Drivers with old cars can not apply for car replacement add-on.
Surpasses the national average rates for teen drivers.
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Reviews And Ratings
- A.M. Best: B+
- BBB: A+
- JD Power: 876/1000
- NAIC: 2.15(above avg.)
- S&P: A
- Moody’s: A2
Liberty mutual car insurance company is popular for its policies for high-risk drivers. The average rates of car insurance are higher than the national average rates for almost all the profiles. There is no doubt that the financial strength of the company is strong as it is more than 100 years old and the sixth-largest insurance company in our country.
But, the customer satisfaction rates are also mixed with Liberty Mutual. There are complaints about policy types, discounts, customer service departments, claim process, and whatnot. Hence, it would be safe to say Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance company is only a good choice for high-risk drivers.
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Quotes
|Drivers Age / Ticket Profile||For Good Drivers||With At-fault Ticket||With DUI Ticket||With Speeding Ticket|
|16-20 Year Old||$350 / Month||$430 / Month||$510 / Month||$395 / Month|
|21-24 Year Old||$175 / Month||$250 / Month||$335 / Month||$210 / Month|
|25-34 Year Old||$160 / Month||$240 / Month||$308 / Month||$195 / Month|
|35-44 Year Old||$140 / Month||$191 / Month||$255 / Month||$170 / Month|
|45-54 Year Old||$125 / Month||$185 / Month||$243 / Month||$155 / Month|
|55-65 Year Old||$115 / Month||$170 / Month||$218 / Month||$140 / Month|
|65+ Year Old||$108 / Month||$145 / Month||$190 / Month||$130 / Month|
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Discounts
Here is the list of all the discounts that Liberty Mutual company provides to its customers. Have a look and decide which of these can be used for your profit:
- Adopting paperless transaction discount
- Safe driving record discounts
- Homeowner discount
- Serving or retired US Military Personnel
- Bundling home and auto insurance discount
- Buying a policy for Liberty Mutual before the current policy expires
- Online payment discount
- A new Liberty Mutual Member Discount
- Students with good grades discount
- Hybrid or electric car discount
- Buying multiple policies for all the cars in your family with Liberty Mutual
- Advance payment discount and selecting automatic deduction discount
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Policies
Here’s the list of all the Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Policies that attract the drivers in every state and city:
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Company provides all the major policies and coverages that we expect from a well-established provider. Drivers can select the type of policy as per their requirement or they can combine different policies to create a custom one. Liberty mutual has different local agents that help the drivers to select the right policy as per their requirements.
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Complaints
Customer Claims Satisfaction
- J.D.Power provides the customer claims satisfaction rates for every company based on different factors like policy types, discount types, number of complaints, etc. Then the drivers can compare the score of that company with the industry average score; 835.
- For Liberty Mutual, the J.D.Power score is 876. This shows that Liberty Mutual Insurance has a better customer claim satisfaction rate than other companies.
- NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners) stores all the data about the complaints registered by consumers for every insurance company. Based on the number of complaints against a company NAIC issues the complaint index
- The national media index is 1; the drivers can compare the NAIC score of an insurance company with 1 and verify their score. Liberty Mutual insurance company has an NAIC score 2.15 that means the number of complaints against the company is higher.
Other Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Options
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance FAQs
Why does Liberty Mutual Insurance Company have expensive car insurance rates?
Liberty Mutual is popular for selling insurance policies to high-risk drivers. These are the drivers that are not getting coverage from any other company. Or the car insurance rates for these drivers are higher. If you will compare the rates of Liberty mutual with other company’s high-risk driver policy then you will realize it is more or less cheaper.
How non liberty mutual customers file a claim against the company?
If you are not a customer of Liberty Mutual insurance company but you want to report a claim against one of the customers then you can do that online. The website has a direct process of filing a claim online.
How long does an insurance claim takes with Liberty Mutual?
The website of the company claims to start the process in 1-2 days but there are a lot of factors that are going to affect the timeline. It is better to ask the customer service department directly about it.
How to contact the customer care department at Liberty Mutual?
- The company urges its customers to use their website portal to contact the customer service department directly. Their website has separate sections for different issues, you will get your solution instantly.
- You can dial customer service number: 1-800-290-8711 And
- the final option is the Billing Address: Liberty Mutual Insurance Group Personal Market – RPC PO Box 1604 New York, NY 10116-1604
Are Liberty mutual insurance reviews BBB accredited?
Yes, You can check Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews on BBB’s official website.
Find best cheap car insurance coverage as per your needs.
Editorial Guidelines: The above is meant as general information to help you understand the different aspects of auto insurance. This information does not refer to any specific auto insurance policy. Coverages and other features vary between insurers, vary by state, and are not available in all states. References to costs of coverages/repair, average or typical premiums, amounts of losses, deductibles, etc., are indicative and may not apply to your situation. We encourage you to speak to our insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.