Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about car insurance coverage.

There are many types of car insurance coverage; however, while most are optional, certain coverages are generally required by law.

Most states require drivers to purchase a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage, which pays for injuries and property damage that you cause to others in an accident. It does not cover your own injuries or property damage.

The required coverage varies by state. Most states require at least a minimum amount of liability insurance, while some states, such as Massachusetts, also require a minimum amount of personal injury protection coverage.

Generally, comprehensive insurance coverage will pay for non-accident-related vehicle damages. Comprehensive coverage will usually pay for costs from weather damage, fire damage, animal collisions, vandalism and theft.

It depends. If you’ve elected to purchase towing and labor coverage, often called "emergency road service coverage," you’ll be covered for items such as towing, tire changes, jumps, locksmith services and road labour.

If you hit one of your own cars while driving another of your cars, liability insurance will not cover you; it only covers damages to any party in an accident you cause. However, collision coverage will pay for those damages to your vehicle if you’ve elected to purchase it.


Start Saving on Car Insurance Now

Get Quote Today